Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Industrial Engineer designs, develops, tests, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
• Maintain Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents. Conduct monthly reviews for RPN reductions and corrective action updates.
• Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
• Maintain manufacturing process documentation, Operator Work Instructions, Work Cycle Breakdown, Packaging Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams.
• Conduct cycle time studies for equipment run at rate. Conduct periodic cycle time studies for manufacturing inefficiencies or improvements.
• Manage plant lay-out updates and assist with facility construction projects.
• Assist with Plant Material Flow
• Line Side Racking designs
• Market Place design and installation
• Pallet racking design/plans
University Degree in Engineering preferred
Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.