Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Weld Supervisor is in charge of monitoring the weld technicians in welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of our products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuous improvement.
· Addressing flaws in welding equipment in coordination with Maintenance personnel
· Monitor the procedures and work instructions that monitors the welding process is carried out
· Support in making improvements to optimize the performance of welding materials
· Results confirm reports Tear down and monitoring to optimization of welding parameters
· Validate and keep records of the conditions of welding
· Results confirm reports Pry bar and archive, monitor your control
· Analyze and submit proposals for improvements to the performance indicators that apply to welding
· Develop, implement and monitor instructions rework of weld defects taking care to protect the physical integrity of personnel to perform the rework
· Capture and maintain monthly records welding parameters
· Collaborate in the process of continuous improvement of the plant when the process is affected
· Active participation in the implementation, development of systems for Quality, Environmental and Hoshin to achieve the objectives of both systems as well as knowledge of these policies
· The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
Technical Degree in related field or
Three years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
Strong organizational skills
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
ISO 14000 system
Reports welding production
ISO TS 16949 system
Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
Strong analytical ability
Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
Troubleshooting ability is required
Strong decision making and problem solving skills
Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
Proven good presentation skills
Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.